Version: 6th Apr 2019.
I have noticed that some people are using ruqya audios even though they have the strength to do self ruqya. It seems that they haven’t fully understood or grasp the fact that there is no comparison between self ruqya and ruqya audio. I even heard of people who believe that listening to ruqya audio is the best form of ruqya and they actively encourage people to listen to audio ruqya rather than doing self ruqya, which is quite amazing!
IT IS NOT HARAM TO LISTEN TO RUQYA AUDIO. IN FACT, SOMETIMES I WOULD ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO LISTEN TO IT ESPECIALLY PATIENTS WHO ARE EXTREMELY TIRED OR ILL BECAUSE OF THEIR AFFLICTION. THEY SHOULD LISTEN TO RUQYA AUDIO UNTIL THEY GET THE STRENGTH BACK TO DO SELF RUQYA.
Having said that the reasons why you should try to avoid ruqya audio are:
1. It is better to do 10 minutes of self ruqya (with those 7 intentions I mention) than to listen to 1 hour ruqya audio. This is because in self ruqya you are basically worshipping Allah directly via the ruqya itself and you are beseeching him directly for the cure without any intermediary or third party i.e no one is asking Allah on your behalf, YOU ARE ASKING ALLAH YOURSELF! Listening to ruqya audio is similar to the one who chases Raqis and asks them to read on him or her, you are basically getting someone else to ask Allah for you and you are lowering your status with Allah by listening to it when you could raise your status with Allah by doing self ruqya.
2. Sometimes we don’t really know what the intention of the Raqi is who made the audio: Is it diagnosis or treatment or is it a combination of diagnosis or treatment? Instead of having this dilemma of not knowing if the ruqya audio is for diagnosis or treatment, why don’t you just do your own self ruqya treatment, where you can be confident that the correct treatment intention is present.
Diagnosis reactions are always stronger than treatment reactions since in diagnosis you are asking Allah to SHOW YOU SIGNS of sihr etc, whereas with treatment, you are asking Allah for the cure. If the audio is a diagnosis one but you mistakenly believe it to be a treatment audio and listen to it, then it will just agitate your affliction and disturb your jinn, causing the jinn to react but not actually providing any cure because it wasn’t suppose to do that as it was for diagnosis and not treatment.
You may get more reactions from listening to ruqya audio than you would get from doing self ruqya but don’t believe that the ruqya audio is stronger than your own self ruqya….it might be that the audio is a combined diagnosis and treatment ruqya audio. So beware of that!
Whatever is the case, we already know from our understanding of the Quran & Sunnah that self ruqya is always better than going to Raqis or listening to ruqya audio (which is a sort of going to a Raqi) So no matter what reactions you get during listening to ruqya audio, even if they feel stronger than self ruqya, WE STILL SAY THAT SELF RUQYA IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN RUQYA AUDIO OR GOING TO RAQIS!
3. Usually ruqya audios only focus on one ailment such as sihr or are even more specific and just deal with sihr of divorce. The problem here is that the audio is not treating any other sihr that you might be affected by. Also, from what we know about most audios (and even Raqis), is that it won’t cover waswaas conditioning….so any phobias that the victim has will just remain and not get treated because no intention is there in the ruqya audio to ask Allah to cure waswaas conditioning that causes phobias.
4. Being connected to a Hasd network (as an object or victim) can block ayn treatment and in fact ayn itself can block sihr treatment, as we have seen from experience. So in order to treat the sihr properly you need to also focus on ayn and hasd network as well. Unfortunately, if you just listen to sihr ruqya audio, you won’t be treating the ayn, let alone the hasd network. On top of that, most audios and Raqis won’t be treating the sihr network which in of itself can block sihr treatment, as I found from my own experience of treating myself.
5. Some ruqya audios weren’t originally made for ruqya but for listening or memorising the Quran i.e some muslims just cut and paste normal Quran audio that was made to help muslims memorise the Quran and then they sell it or distribute it as Ruqya Audio……La ilaha ilalah!……so then it won’t be obviously as effective since the Qari didn’t make the intention for ruqya in the first place, and his intention for reading the Quran was for something else, like teaching Quran.
In conclusion, try to avoid ruqya audio if you have the strength to do self ruqya. SELF RUQYA SHOULD ALWAYS BE YOUR FIRST OPTION!
For more information or questions regarding ruqya: firstname.lastname@example.org